With the database, feeds for livestock can be formulated with even greater precision.
"If we want to feed farm animals healthily, in an efficient way and, at the same time, conserve natural resources, we have to know the feed raw materials being used very well," said Dr. Emmanuel Auer, head of the animal nutrition business line at Evonik.
Evonik Animal Nutrition has been conducting raw material analyses for decades and supports its customers with the processed data. These data were previously consolidated and made available every five years in printed form and as an interactive software.
With AMINODat® 6.0, such data are now available in shorter intervals as a web application, Evonik explained. "This means that we can support our customers with updates several times a year," said Dr. Markus Wiltafsky-Martin, who is responsible for service development at Evonik Animal Nutrition.
Raw material qualities are highly variable due to different growing, drying and storage conditions. "All these factors vary not only from season to season, but also from region to region. That's why we don't report only global averages, but country-specific values," said Wiltafsky-Martin.
The analyses are based on raw material samples that Evonik receives from customers worldwide. AMINODat® 6.0 comprises more than 900,000 analytical results from over 18,000 samples of more than 500 raw materials.
In addition to the amino acid and proximate content of raw materials, AMINODat® 6.0 provides:
- A complete set of amino acid digestibility coefficients which had been updated and extended by Evonik's experts;
- Fatty acid profiles of raw materials as a new feature;
- Quality parameters like anti-nutritional factors, protein solubility and content of reactive lysine which indicate
the degree of heat processing;
- Biogenic amines, which play an important role in the evaluation of animal byproducts and silages;
- Latest revised amino acid recommendations for poultry, swine and aqua.
Evonik will be presenting AMINODat® 6.0 to the public for the first time at the China Feed Expo in Chongqing on April 18-20.
Visit Evonik at: https://corporate.evonik.com