February 6, 2020
36thONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference to explore solutions within the global food supply chain
The ONE event draws on Alltech's global reach and business scope to assemble thought-leaders from the agriculture, business, health and wellness, and brewing and distilling sectors.
To explore innovative solutions to the challenges facing the global food supply chain today, ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference (ONE) returns for its 36th year from May 17 to 19, 2020, in Lexington, Kentucky.
Dr Mark Lyons, president and CEO of Alltech said ONE brings together science, technology and human ingenuity, with topics up for discussion reflecting the extraordinary opportunity the industry has to adopt new ideas for producing enough safe, nutritious food for all while preserving our planet.
With universal themes of innovation, inclusion and inspiration, ONE invites everyday heroes from various industries to unleash the power of infinite ideas. More than 40 topics* are slated for discussion at ONE, including:
· Should shrimp culture step out of its comfort zone?
· Optimizing performance and profit with dynamic nutritional marketing
· Navigating sustainability from the feed producer's perspective
· Analysing the impact: Examining the environmental hoofprint of beef
· The vital role of livestock in reversing climate change and desertification
· Sunny with a high chance of cattle: the AG market outlook
· The world beneath our feet: The intricate dance that takes place in our soils
· How farmers are advancing human health through functional foods
· On the defence: Using beneficial compounds to induce resistance in plants
· Dairy cattle welfare: Essential for animals, producers and consumers
· No antibiotics, no problem: Inside rosy-lane Holsteins' transformation
· How herd management practices can minimize lameness
· The great disruption: ASF and the global protein market
· The impact of organic minerals and heat stress on health
· Which tech trends are transforming swine production?
· Prioritizing food safety in poultry production
· Cracking the competition: How to grow your business
· Putting poultry welfare first in a world of conscious consumers
· Mind over matter: The power of mental toughness
· Four habits of digital transformers
· Next-level leadership: Elevating the multigenerational workforce
Future of Food
· Project drawdown: Farming to reverse climate change
· Meatless protein: Sustainable alternative or over-processed panacea?
· What if farmers could get paid to fight climate change?
Health and Wellness
· Food for thought: Will neurogastronomy change the world?
· Gut reaction: Probiotics vs. Prebiotics
· The truth about how agricultural practices affect human health
Alltech's flagship conference is attended annually by more than 3,000 people representing 70 countries. Keynote speaker announcements are coming soon, and this year's mainstage line-up promises to be as dynamic as ever. Previous ONE keynote speakers include Bear Grylls, General Colin Powell, Steve Wozniak and Beth Comstock.
The ONE experience extends beyond superior presentation content, as attendees are invited to embark on area tours and network with peers from across the globe. International Night will offer a multicultural exploration of cuisine and entertainment from around the world, while Kentucky Night showcases the sights and sounds of the Bluegrass State from within the famed Kentucky Horse Park.
Learn more and register at one.alltech.com by Febuary 29, 2020 to save US$200. Follow ONE on Facebook for updates and join the conversation on Twitter with #ONEbigidea.